Collision

About RBR track editor

Re: Collision

Postby delu77 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 am

How may I edit / rebuild a .cms file?
Is it something like a .x file renamed? Is there a way to create your own cms?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea
delu77

Postby eno72 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 am

in wallaby there's the option to create a "new collision box".
However, I tried it on a fencepig, matching it to its size, but in game I just drive through it, no collision at all.
Does anyone know how to make it work? with these simple boxes we could already match a lot of new objects :P
eno72

Postby HONZALEK Vratislav » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 am

"new collision box" works sometimes not well. There are some unsolved problems in collisions. I used for start table (about 2x1x1m), but reacting zone je very rough.
Sometimes Steering wheel, sometimes keyboard ,but still almost equal quick ;) Subaru WRT, The Mask
HONZALEK Vratislav

Postby eno72 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 am

thanks Vratislav, I will test.
I found an older post: to have a new custom collision mesh, it should be ok to import a .x from tools/import meshes/collision mesh, have to test this as well
eno72

Postby Admal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 am

hi
tools/import meshes/collision mesh

Where did you find it?

I was test some collusion a long time ago. Only exported collusions with original settings of data option work well. If you make own boxes or change data option, you get not any collusion on your object.

But i was looking to original and Pribram track yesterday. There not many different collusions on it, but it should enough. For me is the most wanted question: How can i do to change fixing positin of collusion. I have a model for example a pole with horizontal wire (only a flat plane with opacity). It is enough to get collusion on the pole. But collusion for pole is allways fix to the middle of the object. i can move collusion to right position on wallaby, but after clone the position allways on original fixing point. What i must change on the model, that i can move the fixing point as i want? I have a solve, but its only a workaround. I add one plane (2D move) or two planes (3D move) on my model in same direction as i want move the fixing point. The object must enlarge so, that the wish fixing point is on the real fixing point of collusion. The problem, the original fixing point of collusion isn´t allways on centre of original object...
change privot position or worldaxis of 3dsmaxmodel haven´t effect for fixing point. Everyone know a none workarround solve?

Lamda
Admal

Postby eno72 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm

it's in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15#p51

I just saw it exists in wallaby, but never loaded one so far.
I will do some tests on what you ask for non-symmetrical objects. I just learned a bit on collisions, but I saw that very often, after moving a whole object in max, on export to .x the mesh reverts to its original position (you can see by re-importing the .x in max), and I had a similar problem with custom rally signs. I succeded in matching my object to an original cms by moving the object in another 3D app, saving in 3ds, importing in max and finally exportin to .x
I will try with something not symmetrical and I'll let you know.
eno72

Postby eno72 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:24 am

I confirm it can work the way I described. See the pic, I was testing some RBR cms for my banners, by the way this works almost perfectly.
Then I could put the pole-like cms on the left end of the banner very easily. You can then clone, move, etc without affecting the cms. You can actually move and rotate your object as you like with respect to the cms.

Observation: if you move/rotate the object in max (to make it match an existing cms), during the export to .x it will go back to the original coordinates. I don't know why, and whatever I do (reset transform and scale, move the pivot, export to 3ds and re.import, etc.) it seems as the files generated by max contain some "memory" of the original coordinates of the object. This "memory" then prevails when exporting with Panda.

Solution:
- if you have your object in max, from whatever source, export it to .3ds.
- From wallaby export the cms you like as .x. Import it in max with X-porter (1.22), rotate 90° on X. Export as .3ds.
- Open the .3ds of the objects and the .3ds of the cms in another 3D app (I personally use AC3D, really nice program, easy if you already use max)
- Move/rotate your object to match the cms as you want
- delete the cms mesh and export as .3ds from AC3D
- import the .3ds of the object in max, attach in case the submeshes, weld vertices, finally export with Panda
This way they will match in wallaby exactly as they look together in AC3D.

There must be a solution in max, but nobody here is an expert and, after all, what is important is to make good quality tracks.
Cheers

edit: when importing .3ds into max untick the option "convert units"
Attachments
asym_cms.jpg
asym_cms.jpg (170.03 KiB) Viewed 584 times
eno72

Postby Admal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 am

I hope i understand right.
But the problem is also 3dsmax or the Panda exporter?

- From wallaby export the cms you like as .x. Import it in max with X-porter (1.22), rotate 90° on X. Export as .3ds.
collision export as .X is only need as helper to move position of my object to matching position, isn´t it?

- import the .3ds of the object in max, attach in case the submeshes, weld vertices, finally export with Panda
This way they will match in wallaby exactly as they look together in AC3D.

Which submeshes du you write about and what do you mean with "submeshes" (i use only german 3dsmax version, translating is a bad point of it.....) ?

Thanks for your description its looks realy better way as my workaround.

Lamda
Admal

Postby eno72 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:30 am

it could be a problem of Panda, maybe it's worthy trying also some other exporter, like KW.

However it is, I answer to your questions:
- it's right, .x export of the cms is just to have a visual reference to move your own object. The original cms from RBR must not be touched.
- submeshes: it can happen that, if your object is made of a number of separate meshes (as my banners are), even if you merge them into a single object in AC3D, on export to 3ds and import into max, you will see, in the list of objects of max, more than one. You have of course to attach them, otherwise wallaby will import them one by one, which is bad...

I hope this will make your poles fall off correctly!

eno
eno72

Postby Admal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:16 am

it could be a problem of Panda, maybe it's worthy trying also some other exporter, like KW.
i´ll check.

Ok, i understand. The word "submeshes" was misunderstand, because "sub" is allways a down on hierarchy. But you get singel meshes automaticly from AC3D......

Maybe thats same problem as startclock mismatching. But i don´t understand why some has problems and other not? Wich version of wallaby do you use?

Lamda
Admal

PreviousNext

Return to Wallaby