Collision

About RBR track editor

Re: Collision

Postby eno72 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:23 am

the start clock is another piece of mistery... I tried the one posted by cricrikris and it looks wrong, whereas I tried yours and it is OK on my dummy test track. I have to try the one recently posted by Wally. I know Delu uses the Chris' one without any problem...
I use Wallaby 0.29b2.
eno72

Postby cricrikris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 am

eno72 wrote:I confirm it can work the way I described. See the pic, I was testing some RBR cms for my banners, by the way this works almost perfectly

The following doesn't work for start clock, but it's ok for original moveable objects as banners :
For original moveable objects with sub meshes, you need to export from 3DS into several different .x (1 sub meshes = 1 .x), in order to have only one standard material by .x.
For example, original banners are composed of 3 textures (grey fence, front and back) so 3 sub meshes, that's why you need to export its into 3 different .X. Then into wallaby, you import structure meshes and assign original collision meshes. Then object browser, right click on moveable meshes and import the 2 other submeshes one by one (see pics). With this method collision for moveables meshes fit well but this method doesn't work for general meshes (no submeshes import option).

cricrikris

Postby eno72 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 am

thanks cricrikris, this will be useful as well.
Actually what I was saying was referred to objects with only one material, so one single mesh is preferable in that case, but your explanation should complete the whole picture.
eno72

Postby Admal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:05 pm

I spend much time at last for realy easy solution. collusion problem is only a user mistake. Unsemetric models must not exported to another 3d program, it can be export with panda directly (i only check 3dsmax 2009). i find three things, which can define the matching point of collusion mesh.
first: privot position of object
second: privot position of world or
third: center of x-form transformation

During import at wallaby it must allways check "center mesh" otherwise the collusion will match with balance point of object.

I hope it was the last thing i spend so much time vor simple solution.

Thanks to all helper

Lamda
Admal

Postby eno72 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 am

Admal wrote:I spend much time at last for realy easy solution. collusion problem is only a user mistake. Unsemetric models must not exported to another 3d program, it can be export with panda directly (i only check 3dsmax 2009). i find three things, which can define the matching point of collusion mesh.
first: privot position of object
second: privot position of world or
third: center of x-form transformation

During import at wallaby it must allways check "center mesh" otherwise the collusion will match with balance point of object.

will you please post some screens with a simple example for that? so that we see where and how pivots have to be placed.
Also what do you mean with "center of x-form transformation"?
thanks for sharing "the simplest" solution!
eno72

Postby Admal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 pm

I create a simple box only for explication. the red cylinder is a imported collision (pole). i move and turn box to the position, i will have (at the ratio of collision). for xform reset, look my red lines, you ged a new modifier and a orange box around your model (always box). on next picture i moved my box a little bit down, because i want collision up at the end(if you kick it ingame it move different as you have same base box, you should try it.). now go to modifier x-form and move centre to center of world axis. same do with object privot, move to centre world axis. export it with panda (without collision mesh ;) )
I don´t know, wich is match with collision, but i must allways reset x-form (importaint for btb)

now it is all cleared?

Lamda
Admal

Postby delu77 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

Maybe I have missed a lot on this topic! :D
Matze, how did you import the pole collision? The box you have made work with the pole collision on its entire surface?
Maybe we can speak a lot better this evening! ;)
Cheers,
Andrea
delu77

Postby Admal » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm

export from wallaby as .X and import it in to 3dsmax (xporter was only one importer i know)

but the pictures was quik self made on 3dsmax (only example)

i try the theme a little bit more and have a big problem. i build unsemetric models.
-submeshes often not place on the right position (to object with collision)
-if i choose "centre mesh" the collision on right position, but if i turn the object, the centre of shown object and purple box is different. So you get problems to choose it.
-otherwise if you are not centre mesh, the centre of purple box was same as shown objects, no problems to turn or choose. BUT the collision allways on centre of object.

So only the better mistake can choosing

Andrea, you allways find me on icq

Lamda
Admal

Postby eno72 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Admal wrote:-if i choose "centre mesh" the collision on right position, but if i turn the object, the centre of shown object and purple box is different. So you get problems to choose it.

this happened to me as well, with the banner example I showed and using the 3ds/AC3D passage: rotating the banner 90° around the collision pole axis everything is OK except for the purple box, which shows far from the object and not in the same place. :roll:
So these methods can undoubtedly work, but it's also a matter of trial&error
eno72

Postby Marcin Kowal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:58 pm

hi
i want to clone baners on oryginal rbr track, i make clone and save trk, in rbr i can feel that i'm hitting baner but i can't see it, what can i do to see them?
Marcin Kowal
rbrchamp profile
Marcin Kowal

PreviousNext

Return to Wallaby