Collision

About RBR track editor

Re: Collision

Postby delu77 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Marcin Kowal wrote:hi
i want to clone baners on oryginal rbr track, i make clone and save trk, in rbr i can feel that i'm hitting baner but i can't see it, what can i do to see them?

Be sure to have cloned the banner, and not its collision only.
click on the banner, right click, choose clone.
When asked, select the appropriate collision.
Move wherever you want and place the clone.

Regards,
A.
delu77

Postby eno72 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:27 pm

when cloning one has to export trk for the position of the collision meshes (the yellow meshes in wallaby) and lbs to save the position of the objects. Saving only trk will result in only "feeling" the collision without seeing the object. Saving only lbs, on the contrary, will give objects without collision.
eno72

Postby Marcin Kowal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:27 pm

it works now, lbs export done, thanks :)
Marcin Kowal
rbrchamp profile
Marcin Kowal

Postby Marcin Jahr » Tue May 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Hello,
Maybe somebody had silmilar situation... I'm learning about collisions - managed to create my own and make them working in the game. But objects are gray in game. I want them to be moveable. Anything I use - original RBR collision meshes or mine - it's the same.
Worse thing is that if I take the same objects as general meshes, they look ok. So, texture is good and maping too, because objects look o.k. both in Max and in Wallaby. But not in game. Maybe is this something about ID's for them?
This happens with any other objects, tested three different objects and three different textures. The objects were made by me, they are not from original tracks;

In Max/Wallaby AND in game if only general mesh without collision:

In game if moveable mesh with collision:

Thanks in advance :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: LOL, I'm answering to myself, but it might be usefull to somebody...
I found at the end of tutorial of Vratislav Honzálek:

"I used Panda, but still I have switched map coordinates in game (movable object). In Direct X file are coordinates digger than 1. It is necessary to map objects on „middle“ copy of texture in unwrap (if you have these copies turn on). Or repair it manually gradual attribution/ subtraction 1 untill coordinates are in interval <0,1>."

Yes, it was like this - mapping from Sketchup - spreaded over whole Unwrap... Thanks, Vratislav!
Marcin Jahr

Postby GVRC-Lamda » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:46 pm

I m searching for a promlem with collision of my moveable signs. if it was hit, sometimes it stands up. i use only the pole as collision, is that the mistake?

Lamda
GVRC-Lamda

Postby delu77 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 pm

GVRC-Lamda wrote:I m searching for a promlem with collision of my moveable signs. if it was hit, sometimes it stands up. i use only the pole as collision, is that the mistake?

Lamda

I think that most of the collision movements are given by the position of the pivot in the object mesh. Try to play with it! :)
delu77

Postby GVRC-Lamda » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 pm

My pivot is on groundmesh,same as object pivot. for signs i allwaxs use only the pole collision. original it is like a paper dragon. so mabe its better to have mass point more up?
GVRC-Lamda

Postby delu77 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 am

GVRC-Lamda wrote:My pivot is on groundmesh,same as object pivot. for signs i allwaxs use only the pole collision. original it is like a paper dragon. so mabe its better to have mass point more up?

You can always try to export the xmesh of the original collision for a check...but I don't think the export keeps the pivot point.
But why only the pole and not the sign itself? if it fall on the side, it can collapse in the ground isn't it? :roll:
delu77

Postby Christian_Wiedemann_GVRC » Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a little problem with my rollenberg-stage related to moveable collisions.
The problem is, that available .cms files do not fit to my moveable objects (.x) in size.
And I do not have 3dsmax2008 with what I could make my own collision mesh (yellow in wallaby).
And I do not own the knowledge to make own .cms.

I write here the seizes/measures of the objects I need and would be very happy if somebody active here could easily create the .cms files for me and send them t my email adress or upload them somewhere.

The objects are just simple boxes/rectangles!

I need 2 different .cms files:

1. 0,1m x 5m x 2m

2. 0,1m x 3m x 1,2m

Is there anybody who can help me?

Happy trackbuilding
christian

!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!
-Dinger Racing Team Germany-
Christian_Wiedemann_GVRC

Postby KUREK Miro » Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 pm

KUREK Miro