flag in the wind....water...DirectX animation?

About RBR track editor

flag in the wind....water...DirectX animation?

Postby delu77 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 am

Hi @ all,
I am making a small flag to be planted on my trackside. I am also making the "flag in the wind" animation with max.
Before wasting time, has anyone tried the directx animation in wallaby? :?
I have seen also Hradek track has a smokey chimmey..I think it is done with max and directx animation...
Is it really possible? :o
I'd like to copy the water animation too that is in the England stages, but in the groundmesh :roll:

Thanks a lot,
A.
delu77

Re: flag in the wind....water...DirectX animation?

Postby HONZALEK Vratislav » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi, unfortunately i have to disappoint you. So far nobody even Wally can make a new script or animated texture. Chimmey is only nonanimated texture. We dont know how to get animation to proper form which is needed for editor.
Sometimes Steering wheel, sometimes keyboard ,but still almost equal quick ;) Subaru WRT, The Mask
HONZALEK Vratislav

Postby delu77 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm

HONZALEK Vratislav wrote:Hi, unfortunately i have to disappoint you. So far nobody even Wally can make a new script or animated texture. Chimmey is only nonanimated texture. We dont know how to get animation to proper form which is needed for editor.

So, I have no hope either for the water? :mrgreen:
delu77

Postby HONZALEK Vratislav » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:24 pm

I think no,only if you can explorer it:)
Sometimes Steering wheel, sometimes keyboard ,but still almost equal quick ;) Subaru WRT, The Mask
HONZALEK Vratislav

Postby delu77 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 am

Ok..I have found something interesting about water.
Have opened track-20 with Max and the river is made with 2 meshes one upon the other, only a little space between them where is the water. The sides of the "2 rivers" are welded together.
The water of the upper mesh goes down the second mesh, so they have a "cross".
Each water-mesh have the same map of the same texture.
Checked in Wallaby and the firts mesh (the one that goes down the second mesh) is set as hidden and it is a part of the non movable groundmesh

I think RBR use something like texture flickering for generating the water moving....
And I haven't found a tool in wallaby that lets to select a part of the groundmesh to set it hidden...

Anyway, tried the same method and exported all as a groundmesh but the water is still...

Hope it could be a start for a "brainstorming"

Cheers and thanks
Andrea
delu77

Return to Wallaby