Startclock?

About RBR track editor

Re: Startclock?

Postby Bostjan Berglez » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 am

delu77 wrote:EDIT: @Bostjan: have seen something strange on the collision, maybe should be this? On a working clock is perfectly alligned to the clock....

I already tested and tried to align collision box with clock box as is in original stage but no luck. Then I moved the collision box completely outside of the model just to prove to my self that has nothing to do with it. And true..it really has nothing to do with it :)

I think Lambda is on the right way. Let's see.
Attachments
clock01.jpg
clock01.jpg (112.87 KiB) Viewed 615 times
Bostjan Berglez

Postby cricrikris » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Try those files sended by Vasek Sourek. It worked for me, i really don't understand why not for you.
Do you keep in mind to import those as moveable meshes ?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRKQZ3CD
If those files doen't work too, i'm afraid i can't help you :oops: . Try to contact Vratislav Honzalec or Vasek Sourek.

Good luck for your projects ;)
cricrikris

Postby Admal » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 pm

I tryed the clock 2 weeks. take the link on this forum, use a model from delu77 and export myself. allways same. yesterday i try to import a clock on a original track (original works bevore) but new imorted not working. i compare the original clock and the new imported. The purple box (outline of object) and the collusion mesh was on wrong position. all others works well.

i don´t know how the difference are. But if someone have problems with the clock, it can tryed both versions. I finished the fixing, but bevore upload, some others should try it. for me the new clock works perfect.

Lamda
Admal

Postby Bostjan Berglez » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

cricrikris wrote:Try those files sended by Vasek Sourek. It worked for me, i really don't understand why not for you.
Do you keep in mind to import those as moveable meshes ?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRKQZ3CD
If those files doen't work too, i'm afraid i can't help you :oops: . Try to contact Vratislav Honzalec or Vasek Sourek.

Good luck for your projects ;)

Funny enough I did tried yours X file and original collision file on a brand new project and on 100 m test ground mesh. The animation of the clock was missaligned with the clock. Any yes I imported clock as movable mesh and assigned START_CLOCK_COL collision. Answering yes if i want to center mesh. Then saved lbs, dls and trk. Did you do any different way?
Bostjan Berglez

Postby Admal » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Now Bostian check my files and it is working too.
If you have a problem with clock, use following files.
http://www.media.gvrc.de/BobsTrackBuilder/Tools/Clockmodel_fix_Lamda.rar

Some notice:
It will add a new texture at wallaby ( "Clock_Dummy.dds"), that is right. The parameter for ini same as other clock textures. At wallaby maybe they are shown 2 white planes, no problem, ingame they are invisible. Please make sure, that are used only the files from Clockmodel_fix_Lamda.rar . For example other *.cms maybe not working.

looking forward

Lamda
Admal

Postby Wally » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Please try this version of clock, if it still doesnt work. I found it on disk, but I am not sure if this is right. Import it as movable object and check if the name of object is exactly START_CLOCK. RBR recognizes clocks by this string. Also use original collision, it should exactly match on this .x- If not, something is wrong.
Attachments
startclock.zip
(17.8 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Wally
Site Admin

Postby Bostjan Berglez » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 pm

I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. Even that clock does not work for me. :shock:
I have made 100 metres of track and thats it. Put there start clock, open start clock collision mesh and import .x as movable mesh. saved again .lbs,.dls and .trk files and tested and result is the same as in my first pictures. Animation is working, but start numbers are missaligned with the model. Can somebody check my test trackhttp://www.b2-net.com/rbr/test_track.zip? Any voulentiers?
Bostjan Berglez

Postby delu77 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:14 pm

I have tried again cricrikris model and works fine. The secret is in its cms file. Use its own, and clock works fine. Had only to invert green and red in texture.ini, but works fine for me! ;)
delu77

Postby Admal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm

I try it today once again and it works without my model modification. i cant remember but maybe i checked allways "center mesh" "no" during importing. i will not thinking about why......i want cry for that.

Lamda
Admal

Postby Bostjan Berglez » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Grrr... :) Yes true. now also my start clock is working. The right answer is Center mesh YES . It looks like this will center also collision mesh. Thanks guys.
Bostjan Berglez

PreviousNext

Return to Wallaby