Collision mesh generation

About RBR track editor

Collision mesh generation

Postby delu77 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 am

Hi mates,
I have a problem during generation of the collision mesh.
I have opened my track in Max, and generate the collision mesh which includes:

Track
Bridges
Walls
Tree barks
Tree walls
Guardrails
Simplified buildings

But the file seems to be too large (about 60MB) and sometimes wallaby crash during .col export, or in the best case, RBR changes the track physics from tarmac to gravel, and some elements are not collided (buildings).
When I generate the collision based on track only, it works fine, and the physic too..
What should it be? I have tried to split the mesh, but with the same result. Is it necessary to split also the collision mesh?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea
delu77

Re: Collision mesh generation

Postby Admal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi Andrea,

You shoul all big and difficult objects as general mesh + simple collusion box. Maybe the problem is the numbers of polygones for ground collusion (i Don´t know how many polygones you have).

otherwise maybe some bad export. During my tests (long time ago) i export a test track and wallaby crashed on groundcollusion building. I never get the answer what was it (i wasted all) but if i exported it without the last 500m, its working good.

To find out the problem, you should export one by one more and allways test it new .
Find the reason and than we solve it.

Today our Bergheim map has about 200 000 polygones groundmesh. We have no Problem to export it with panda exporter. Do you use x-porter?

Lamda
Admal

Postby KOLOMIETS Kirill » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi, can you save only coll mesh as File-Save-Collision (.col). I didn't, have an error message "You don't have any ground collision generated". But I have collisions, and they works fine at RBR.
KOLOMIETS Kirill

Postby Christian_Wiedemann_GVRC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I always select
file,
export proj. to rbr,
only .col,
external x-file.

this is my way, which always works for me.
-Dinger Racing Team Germany-
Christian_Wiedemann_GVRC

Return to Wallaby