Instruction how play Richard Burns Rally (RBR)
using the plugin
- Install the official patch RBR_v102. Without it, the RBR plugin wouldn't work.
- Install RBRTM087DInst.exe (this is the plugin itself)
- Install new tracks into RBR (RBRReversedRC3, RBRSchool2, RBRPribram1, RBRPribram2, RBRSosnova).
- Put file Z.dll into RBR\Plugins\ directory (it fixes RBR not to crash to desktop when using cars made in Z-modeller) from ZFix.zip
- Create a new profile on rbr.onlineracing.cz. BEWARE! Use only US-ASCII chars!!!
- Open file RichardBurnsRally.ini and put your login and password there - e.g. if you are registered as "NOVAK Petr" and your password is "zelva", put there
AutoLoginName = NOVAK Petr
AutoLoginPassword = zelva
From now you will be logged in the plugin automatically, the plugin won't ask for your username / password.
- Start RBR, go into Setting-->Plugins -- > RBR Turnament --> Setting
and make your changes to configuration.
- In Setting -->Plugins -- > RBR Tournament --> Online tournaments you'll
get the list of open turnaments, choose one, entry into, set all you need, and then start race.
- You can find all your results in the rally on plugin web pages. If anyone sends his/her replay from a stage, you can find it there.
- If don't know anything check our forum
If you can play online and already steaming RBR over internet, we can start
tuning RBR :-)
New cars for RBR
- You can download all new cars for RBR
- For this howto, we install Subaru Impreza WRC 2002
- I recommend to use Total Commander, it is quite easy and it can open *.rar and even *.rbz files.
- Open SUBARU_IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar in the left window and Richard
Burns Rally in the right one
- Doubleclick on file IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar --> SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2002
--> - there are two subdirs, Model and Fyzika (Physics) there
- Directory Model contains another subdir Cars and a file "pro cars ini.txt".
Go into subdir Cars and copy all files and subdirs into RBR\Cars
- Open file "pro cars ini.txt" and copy this text into clipboard:
FileName = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02.sgc"
IniFile = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02.ini"
ShaderFile = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02_shaders.ini"
ShaderSettings = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02_shader_settings"
TexturePath = "Cars\impreza02\Textures\"
- Go to the right window and open Cars.ini in RBR\Cars directory. Look for text [Car05]
and paste the data from "pro cars ini.txt" here. (pic.1
- Now you have to install car physics. You should still have opened on the left
IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar --> SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2002 --> go to dir fyzika (or physics), on the right move to dir RBR\ and find file physics.rbz,
doubleclick on it, go to Physics. There are all car and tyre physics in it. (obr.2 náhled)
Association of cars.ini to physics.rbz:
We have chosen [Car05] in cars.ini, so we have to put the physics into directory
s_i2003 , . It is possible to put the car to any slot you choose, but model and physics must be in accord with the table above.
There is only one exception - don't put 4WD cars into MG_ZR slot,
because then in RBR you wouldn't be able to adjust middle and rear differentials.
Put all files from directory Physics into s_i2003 - it should look like this: obr3.
That's it! Now you have Impreza 2002 installed and you can start to race.
- position in cars.ini [Car00] = složka C_XSARA
- position in cars.ini [Car01] = složka H_ACCENT
- position in cars.ini [Car02] = složka MG_ZR
- position in cars.ini [Car03] = složka M_LANCER
- position in cars.ini [Car04] = složka P_206
- position in cars.ini [Car05] = složka S_I2003
- position in cars.ini [Car06] = složka T_COROLL
- position in cars.ini [Car07] = složka S_I2000
P.S. The car will not show neither in the car menu nor in the splash screen, you will not see it until SS start.
The menu can be adjusted in a different way, by editing *.exe and splash.dat
Authors: Tomas Mikl, Vasek Koral
Semetin track was updated. Now it's available for both online and offline racing. Please download and install the new version, the old version is no longer supported on the plugin.
You can download the update from here.
Please note that all the new tracks are far from stable, time from time, an author can send me a quick update. If you have problems loading a track in tournament, please check if I haven't released an update meanwhile. Thanks for your patience.
In last few days, a LOT of new tracks were added to to server. You can find them in Download / Tracks section, or you can directly download them from here.
New stages Sieversdorf and Semetín added to tournaments
New stage Humalamaki added to tournaments